LOCATION Fishguard, Wales
RACE DATE 9 Jun 2024
DISTANCE Middle distance, Rouvy
Five Reasons to Race Challenge Wales:
It’s hard to find a reason why not to race this spectacular middle distance triathlon with its iconic Welsh landscapes and warm community welcome.
- Enclosed stunning sea swim protected by the breakwater, in the location that formed the defence line that prevented the last invasion of Britain 1797.
- Based in Pembrokeshire, Britain’s only Coastal National Park.
- The stunning 90km bike course is a fast and flat route on closed roads, travelling through Croesgoch towards St. Davids, the UK’s smallest city!
- Stunning run course that incorporates the sea views and large local crowds
- Welcoming triathlon festival feel for the entire weekend.
About the Local Area
Picturesquely located in a deep valley where the River Gwaun meets the sea, sits the village of Fishguard with its short tidal quay. A popular holiday destination on the North Pembrokeshire coast. Very much a traditional fishing village but within a short distance to the facilities of surrounding major towns of the county. The town itself has a market hall, craft shops and array of pubs and popular eateries. Popular for wildlife watching, coastal walking, fishing and golf, the area is known for its breath-taking views and snap-worthy spots.
About the Race
An enclosed stunning sea swim, sea views, fantastic village support, topped off with one of the most breathtaking scenic runs on the circuit.
The swim takes place in Fishguard Bay which is protected by a breakwater on both sides. The two-lap swim enables swimmers to exit the water to large crowds before re-entering the water for a second and final lap.
The bike course begins with a steady 3km ascent allowing athletes to fuel, before a fast section towards St Davids, Wales’ smallest city. Athletes will complete two laps of this course on fully closed roads.
The run course is simply breathtaking! A stunning paved coastal run which takes you out on the town’s breakwater as part of a four-lap loop with great sea views. On the fourth loop you’ll head back to The Parrog, before entering the famous red carpet finish area!
9 Jun 2024
Fishguard, Wales, Europe
Middle distance, Rouvy