LOCATION Vieux Boucau, France
RACE DATE 21 Oct 2023
DISTANCE Middle distance, Olympic distance
Challenge Vieux Boucau
Five Reasons to Race Challenge Vieux Boucau:
Vieux Boucau, a seaside resort where surfers come to face the waves in the summer and autumn brings triathlon with a combination of sport and fun.
- Wild west coast lined with sand dunes
- Unique marine lake without waves or current
- Diverse course alternating between the coast, valleys, hillsides and flats
- Extensive running tracks through the pine forest
- Where surf culture meets triathlon – a vibrant coastal setting for all the family
About the Local Area
Vieux Boucau is a family seaside resort renowned for its unique landscape of sand dunes, over 100km of beaches and its unique marine lake.
About the Race
The point-to-point 1.9km swim takes part in the sheltered marine lake – a saltwater swim with no waves nor current.
The single lap 90km bike takes athletes along the fast and flat roads and through the forests of the Landes region
The run course is around the marine lake before finishing in the centre of Vieux Boucau.