LOCATION Santa Marta, Colombia
RACE DATE 8 Oct 2023
DISTANCE Middle distance
Challenge Santa Marta
Five Reasons to Race Challenge Santa Marta:
Santa Marta is not only Colombia’s premier beach destination, but with its rich history and gateway to the Sierra Nevada mountains and the Lost City of Teyuna, there is plenty to do pre- and post-race.
- One of the top tourism destinations in Colombia, also called “The Pearl of America”
- Lots of activities to do and sights to visit like Tayrona National Park and lost city of Sierra Nevada among others.
- A flat and fast bike course.
- Architectonic heritage, beautiful scenery and cultural legacy with colonial treasures at local museums
- It’s a tropical paradise!
About the Local Area
One of the oldest cities in South America, Santa Marta has a strong architectural heritage, stunning landscapes and a cultural legacy with colonial treasures. The glacial breeze coming down from the mountains and the sea breeze work together to make the experience unforgettable.
About the Race
The 1.9km swim takes place in the sheltered bay off Santa Marta’s main beach and with an average water temperature of 28C in October, there is no need to pack a wetsuit!
The two-lap 90km bike is fast and flat, skirting the Sierra Nevada foothills.
The 21.1km run is also flat, through the streets of Santa Marta before a beachfront finish on the main boulevard.
8 Oct 2023
Santa Marta, Colombia, South America