LOCATION Wanaka, New Zealand
RACE DATE 15 Feb 2020
DISTANCE Middle distance
Five reasons to race:
1. The world’s most scenic middle distance triathlon
2. Tough honest course
3. Bucket list race that combines racing and holidaying in paradise
4. Warm, welcoming Kiwi atmostphere
5. Multi-day triathlon festival with something for all ages and abilities
The third CHALLENGEFAMILY Asia Pacific Championship will be hosted in Wanaka on February 15th 2020 as part of the 14th CHALLENGEWANAKA event. The world’s most scenic middle distance triathlon is set against the backdrop of the Te Wahipounanmu World Heritage Area in New Zealand’s Southern Alps. CHALLENGEWANAKA is the race of a lifetime and the perfect opportunity to compete and holiday in paradise. CHALLENGEWANAKA is New Zealand’s largest triathlon festival, featuring events for all ages and abilities involving over 2,500 participants from top professional to age group athletes from all over the world for a the half distance triathlon or Aquabike on a course that is like no other, including a run which is 75% off-road along the water’s edge. Thousands of spectators line the route and the finish line is in the heart of the Lake Wanaka township with a fun finish line party with music.
CHALLENGEWANAKA has fast grown into a ‘bucket list’ race for athletes from all over the world. The picturesque resort town has plenty of accommodation for all budgets and there’s plenty for family and friends to do when not supporting or competing, ranging from hiking in Mt Aspiring National Park to mountain biking to just lounging by the lake.
But don’t let looks deceive you, CHALLENGEWANAKA features one of the world’s toughest and most honest courses, making it a bucket list event for triathletes of all abilities. Are you up for the challenge?
What makes this Championship different?
– Firstly the uniquely kiwi atmosphere, which makes Wanaka and New Zealand’s South Island a wonderful place to race as well as visit.
– The first Male and First Female Age Groupers in each category will go into a draw to win entry to CHALLENGETAIWAN 2020 and accommodation.
– The first Male and Female Age group winners in each category will receive free entry to CHALLENGEMALAYSIA 2020
– Along with the traditional medal, our athletes are receiving a New Zealand Pounamu (Greenstone). Pounamu is a sacred and unique piece of Aotearoa (New Zealand) and we are proud to be gifting it to all our place getters Individuals and Team athletes. The shape of our Pounamu represents reaching your pinnacle.
– We are a four day Festival of Triathlon with events for all the family and a triathlon expo for all your triathlon or holiday present needs!
o Thursday 13 February – The Puzzling World Intermediate Challenge Event
o Friday 14 February – The Puzzling World Junior CHALLENGEWANAKA Event
o Saturday 15 February – The CHALLENGEFAMILY Asia Pacific Championship 2020
o Sunday 16 February – The NZ Secondary School National Championship
15 Feb 2020
Wanaka, New Zealand, Oceania
Middle distance / Corporate / Team / Junior Challenge / Aquabike / Intermediate Challenge / Secondary School Nationals / Secondary School Otago Championships