LOCATION Wanaka, New Zealand
RACE DATE 19 Feb 2022
DISTANCE Middle distance
Five reasons to race Challenge Wanaka:
1. The world’s most scenic middle distance triathlon
2. Tough honest course
3. Bucket list race that combines racing and holidaying in paradise
4. Warm, welcoming Kiwi atmostphere
5. Multi-day triathlon festival with something for all ages and abilities
About the race
World’s most scenic middle distance triathlon is set against the backdrop of the Te Wahipounanmu World Heritage Area in New Zealand’s Southern Alps. CHALLENGEWANAKA is the race of a lifetime and the perfect opportunity to compete and holiday in paradise.
In New Zealand, CHALLENGEWANAKA is the largest triathlon festival, featuring events for all ages and abilities involving over 2,500 participants from top professional to age group athletes from all over the world for a the half distance triathlon or Aquabike on a course that is like no other. Set in the natural amphitheatre of Glendhu Bay the event boasts a stunning backdrop. The swim is in the tranquil waters of Lake Wānaka and the bike course is a safe and honest lapped course towards Mount Aspiring National Park. The run has spectacular views of the Lake Wānaka region and is up through Bike Glendhu on groomed trails. Thousands of spectators come out to cheer on the competitors and experience the jam packed expo.
New Zealand’s largest triathlon festival has fast grown into a ‘bucket list’ race for athletes from all over the world. The picturesque resort town has plenty of accommodation for all budgets and there’s plenty for family and friends to do when not supporting or competing, ranging from hiking in Mt Aspiring National Park to mountain biking to just lounging by the lake.
But don’t let looks deceive you, CHALLENGEWANAKA features one of the world’s toughest and most honest courses, making it a bucket list event for triathletes of all abilities. Are you up for the challenge?
What makes this event different?
– Firstly, the uniquely kiwi atmosphere, which makes Wanaka and New Zealand’s South Island a wonderful place to race as well as visit.
– CHALLENGEWANAKA has won the most Family Friendly race award and it is easy to see why. The team provide a social race for people to focus on getting active in an easy and fun environment, a wonderful Adaptive race for physically and intellectually impaired athletes and a Multi Sport race as a season opener in New Zealand. They really have something for everyone.
o Thursday 17 Feb 2022 –
Puzzling World Intermediate Challenge Event
Mitre 10 Secondary School Otago Championships
CHALLENGEWANAKA Adaptive Race
19 Feb 2022
Wanaka, New Zealand, Oceania
Middle distance / Corporate / Team / Junior Challenge / Aquabike / Intermediate Challenge / Secondary School Nationals / Secondary School Otago Championships