As athletes, we are always working on our physical and mental health and suddenly the world is in a different place. A lot of our fellow athletes are in quarantaine, family members are out of reach, work has to be done from a distance and worst of all, people are getting sick. Because it is important to stay healthy and fit and we all still love our sport, we want to share the favourite workouts and recipes of some pro athletes with you.
Belinda Granger is a true triathlon legend and CHALLENGEFAMILY‘s current pro athlete liaison. In her career Belinda won multiple full- and half distance races, of which CHALLENGEROTH was one.
Belinda tells us that strenght training is something we overlook a lot of the time. However, it is quite important include strenght training in your routine, as it will help you to avoid getting injured and it helps to make you an even stronger athlete. Therefore Belinda has created a great strenght session for your upper body. You can easily do this training session at home: it takes only 15-20 minutes of your time. So, no more excuses!
- You can do all 8 exercises 3 times;
- Do each exercise for 35 seconds, then take 15 seconds rest before switching to the next exercise.
- Tricep Dips
- Push Ups- on knees/feet/staggered arms
- Upper Back Scapular Retraction
- Lower Back, Upper Back and Gluteal holds
- Standing Banded Scapular Retraction (shoulder blade squeezes)
- Bicep Curls with resistance band
- Bicep Curls to Overhead Press with resistance band
- Overhead Press- no squat/with squat