LOCATION Shepparton, Australia
RACE DATE 22 Jan 2023
DISTANCE Middle distance
Five reasons to race Challenge Shepparton:
1. A unique flat, fast course, ideal for beginners or those chasing a PB!
2. The swim in Victoria Park Lake is regarded as one of the best open water courses in Australia
3. Our community comes out in force to support the athletes
4. There are many varied support events that create a festival atmosphere
5. Shepparton is a picturesque and easy two hour freeway drive from Melbourne
One of Australia’s great races with legendary community support. A key part of Australian long course triathlon tradition continues with Challenge Shepparton.
The 1.9km swim, 90km ride and 21.1km run triathlon will build on Shepparton tradition, but will offer a completely new course, with the event being held at the iconic Victoria Park Lake, Shepparton. The new course will deliver the same outstanding experience for triathletes that has made Shepparton one of the leading stops in the Australian calendar.
Following the single-lap swim in the beautiful Victoria Park Lake, the fast, flat bike course is two 45km laps through Shepparton’s iconic rural landscapes. The run course consists of three laps of lake, river and bush trails through the river gum forest and alongside tranquil river flats with the finish, complete with legendary Shepparton crowds, on the banks of Victoria Park Lake in the centre of town.
22 Jan 2023
Shepparton, Australia, Oceania
Middle distance / Enticer / Trikids / Run4Us / Classic Triathlon / Challenge Sprint