LOCATION Salvador, Brazil
RACE DATE 27 Oct 2019
DISTANCE Middle distance
Five reasons to race:
1. Race in the historically first capital of Brazil, founded by the Portuguese in 1549
2. Visit the Pelourinho district, named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985
3. Carnival celebration in Salvador has been reckoned as the largest party in the world
4. Enjoy with your family an all year long warm weather, beautiful beaches and luxury resorts
5. Experience unprecedented cuisine, music, and architecture that only exists in Salvador
Salvador was first capital of Brazil, historically. It is a famous city for its natural beauty, having the largest Atlantic coast area in the country. With great African influence, the city is a hub of attractions and actions for all tastes and ages. Owner of the biggest carnival on the planet, Salvador brings an annual calendar of events marked by great excitement.
The Music City stamp, part of the Unesco Network of Creative Cities, Salvador offers excellent places to go and experience the musicality that only exists in Salvador. In addition, the official site salvadormeucarnaval.com.br is an excellent choice to get a closer look at some details about the city and also to set up tours during the days of stay. Only those who know Salvador have the real dimension of what their beaches, history and culture have to offer.
Athletes racing the half distance in Salvador can expect alot of heat and wind, in addition to the city natural beauties. The event is normally organized in its festival format, in which, other races for kids and everyone are done the days prior to the main event.
27 Oct 2019
Salvador, Brazil , namerica
Middle distance / Challenge Women / Challenge Sprint