LOCATION Miami, USA
RACE DATE 13 Mar 2021
DISTANCE Middle distance
Five reasons to race CHALLENGEMIAMI:
- CHALLENGEMIAMI is taking place on Homestead-Miami Speedway, one of the most picturesque tracks on the NASCAR circuit.
- Race at the Homestead-Miami Speedway, which has been the site of some of the historic moments in motorsports.
- There is something for everyone who visits Miami.
- March is the perfect time of the year from a weather standpoint – average high is 76 degrees (24.5 degrees Celsius).
- The event is a triathlon festival for the whole family.
About Homestead-Miami Speedway
Homestead-Miami Speedway has been open since 1995 following an initiative to spur economic recovery in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. The 650-acre facility that features a 1.5-mile oval in addition to a 2.21-mile road course. The Speedway hosts on-track events nearly 300 days per year. The Speedway hosted the championship races in all three of NASCAR’s national series from 2002-19.
Some interesting facts about Homestead-Miami Speedway:
- 1,005 palm trees on site of 15 different varieties
- 2 tunnels, one of which is the Southernmost tunnel in the continental U.S.
- On-site nursery in which we grow our own trees
- In 2016, Jimmie Johnson tied a NASCAR record with his seventh championship, equaling the mark held by Hall of Famers Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt Sr.
About the race
CHALLENGEMIAMI is the second US-based middle-distance race in North-America. This, together with the exciting side events taking place the day after the main event, will target all triathletes and spectators.
The Homestead-Miami Speedway circuit will be the centre of activity for both the middle-distance race as well as the unique side events, which include:
- Sprint Distance Triathlon
- Middle Distance Duathlon
- Sprint Distance Triathlon
- 5km run/walk
- 10km run
- Pro-am sprint race
- Relay triathlon
- Junior Challenge -Kids Race
- Miami Distance Pro Race Under The Lights
The venue holds two inside lakes, in which the athletes will swim. This will provide an unmatched spectator experience, as T1, the first part of the bike course, T2 and the run will also take place within the Speedway.
As said, the flat and fast bike leg will partly take place around the speedway circuit before leading triathletes outside the track and onto the surrounding closed roads.
After transitioning in the race venue, athletes tackle the run course which has been designed with spectators in mind. The atmosphere is sure to lift the athletes as they complete the course before reaching the red carpet and the incredible finish arch.
Following the racing, we will throw a sensational CHALLENGEFAMILY style festival complete with pasta party and an extraordinary awards ceremony.”
13 Mar 2021
Miami, USA, North America