LOCATION Forest City, Malaysia
RACE DATE 2 Sep 2023
DISTANCE Middle distance, Sprint distance
Five Reasons to Race Challenge Malaysia
Challenge Malaysia is set in a unique township call “Forest City” located in the state of Johor which is just a stone’s throw away from its neighbouring country, Singapore.
- Accessibility – Forest City is very accessible whether you are flying in or coming in by land. It’s less than an hour drive from Johor Bharu Airport that serves both international and domestic flights. Forest City is also less than 1.5 hours from Singapore by land, located just next to the “Tuas Second Link” a Malaysia-Singapore Bridge.
- Family & Kids Friendly Venue – with access to a clean beach, and children’s water park or pool right next to it, this venue will be a hit for kids. The swim start and exit is located right next to this water park, easy for supporters with children!
- Accommodation – Forest City has ample of choices from 4 Star Hotels, Golf Resort, to plenty of AirBnB apartments. You will not have any issues in booking a stay within the race venue, and all at a very reasonable price!
- The Course – a fast flat course in a sheltered environment and beautiful warm waters – no need for a wetsuit at 28C!
- Spectator Friendly – family and supporters can watch the whole race clearly, starting with swim at the beach and the multi-lap courses for the bike and run and the finish line is right next to the children’s water park!
About the Local Area
Forest City, the race venue, is located less than 45 minutes drive from the state’s capital and the city centre of “Johor Bharu”. JB has a lot to offer from duty free shopping at Johor Premium Outlet (JPO) and The Zon. Meanwhile, those with little ones can head over to LEGOLAND, Mount Austin Water Park or Johor Zoo. The city of JB is also well-known of their local delicacies and is a paradise for seafood lovers.
Forest City is a unique development, standing on a reclaimed land with a first class infrastructure, that is well maintained. Peace and tranquility is what you feel when you look out from one of their many high-rise towers.
About the Race
We look forward to hosting you in this brand-new edition of Challenge Malaysia. You will be racing in an interesting and unique venue at “Forest City”, swimming off the beach with warm waters, cycle on a mix of bike terrain from rolling to fast flat course passing reserved mangrove jungle and run on a unique scenic background! Moreover, Forest City roads are low in traffic and is in good condition!
The race venue is family friendly. Kids and adult supporters will have activities to keep themselves occupied and with the spectator friendly course, it will enable them to watch and cheer comfortably! Partnered up with a new organizing team, which is made up from crew that has many years in hosting racing and multi-sport events… This event will be epic! See you in Malaysia!