LOCATION Fréjus, France
RACE DATE 14 May 2023
DISTANCE Middle distance, Olympic distance
Ekoï Challenge Fréjus
Five Reasons to Race Ekoï Challenge Fréjus:
- A natural and protected playground, the Nature Park is a tailor-made spot to experience an exceptional sport event
- A true festival of triathlon open to all: from kids to beginners, including the best international elite athletes
- A swim in the Mediterranean Sea in crystal clear water, with your feet in the fine sand, you will love the festive atmosphere of the mass start to the sounds of the Challenge Fréjus DJ: adrenaline guaranteed
- The Var countryside will delight you on the bike course, a combination of coastal flats and the magnificent Col de Bougnon, you will also pass through vineyards that are home to some of the best wines in southern France
- To finish, athletes will run in the Nature Park on a fast, 100% flat course
About the Local Area
Ekoï Challenge Fréjus is based in the 135 hectare François Léotard Nature Park, one of the most important green spaces on the French Riviera. Its 1.5km public beach is open all year round, lined with palm trees and a boardwalk.
Fréjus itself is a Roman port town and is packed full of history, art and culture. At the halfway point between Cannes and St Tropez with its long golden beaches, it’s the perfect location for a post-race holiday on the French Riviera.
About the Race
Ekoï Challenge Fréjus has something for everyone with professionals rubbing shoulders with amateurs – in what other sport can you take part in a race alongside champions, multi-medalists or Olympic winners? The AMSL Fréjus Triathlon, the city of Fréjus and Challenge Family, have joined forces to prepare an unforgettable event on the French Riviera.
The 1.9km swim sets off from the golden sands of Fréjus beach. The 90km bike takes in the beautiful Var countryside, through vineyards, picturesque stone villages and includes a climb up the Col du Bougnon with its stunning views of the Gulf of St Tropez. The run is fast and flat before finishing in the François Léotard Nature Park.