LOCATION Florianopolis, Brazil
RACE DATE TBC Dec 2019
DISTANCE Middle distance
Five reasons to race:
1) Swim, bike and run in a fast and flat perfect for PB’s and newbies
2) Florianópolis is known as the “Magic Island”, the hot spot for triathletes in Brazil
3) The island of Santa Catarina has 42 beaches, and is a famous destination for its surfbeaches
4) Enjoy great boat rides, trails, local sea food, and the Azorean colonization architecture.
5) Floripa is also known for its famous night clubs, bars and late nighttime programming.
Challenge Florianopolis was the first Challenge Family race in Latin America in 2013. The event venue is in Jurere International, located at the north of the island of Santa Catarina.
The Challenge Florianopolis half distance race features a fast, flat course offering the athletes a course for them to race their personal best. December is the start of the Brazilian summer season, when the seas are generally warm, calm. The bike course happens in the highway SC-401, while the half marathon is in the beautiful streets of the Jurere Internacional neighborhood.
Calm water, fast roads and a great tourism infrastructure attracts athletes from all over the world to this iconic triathlon location. As the opening event of the summer season in Santa Catarina, one of the most popular states for the outdoor sports in Brazil, athletes can expects that Challenge Florianopolis will have hot temperatures, and offer plenty of fun for the entire family and friends supporting the athletes. The side events of the sports festival normally include a Junior Challenge the day before the main race, along many other lead-up events designed to include all ages and abilities.
TBC Dec 2019
Florianopolis, Brazil, samerica
Middle distance / Sprint, 5k run, 10k run, Junior Challenge