LOCATION Cagnes-sur-Mer, France
RACE DATE 30 Jun 2024
DISTANCE Middle distance, Olympic distance, Rouvy
Five Reasons to Race Challenge Cagnes-sur-Mer:
After six years, US Cagnes Triathlon joins the Challenge Family for an amazing weekend of triathlon!
- A real festival of triathlon, 100% seaside, open to all: from beginners to the best international elite.
- A swim in the Mediterranean Sea in crystal clear water, you will love the festive atmosphere of the mass start under the sound of DJ Stephan Benza: adrenaline guaranteed.
- The Vençois hinterland will delight you on the bike course with its exceptional terrain, between sea and mountains. If you like demanding courses, this course is made for you!
- To finish, you will run on the seaside between the hippodrome and the Cros de Cagnes – 100% seaside, 100% triathlon!
- What better place to enjoy a post-race holiday at the heart of the French Riviera!
About the Local Area
Just 10 minutes from Nice Airport, Cagnes-sur-Mer is easy to reach and is a charming seaside resort with 5km of pebble beaches and a little fishing port so typical of southern France. It is split between the medieval hill town and the beachfront resort town, where Challenge Cagnes-sur-Mer takes place. It was also home to the famous Impressionist artist, Renoir, and his home is now a museum. A perfect place to immerse yourself in the culture and beauty of the French Riviera post-race.
About the Race
The 1.9km swim will feature a mass start off the Hippodrome Beach. Athletes will then head for the 96km bike out into the foothills above the Mediterranean and the majestic and varied back country of Vence, St Paul de Vence and the Col de Vence of Paris-Nice fame, rising from sea level to just under 1,000m! In contrast, the 21.1km run is completely flat as it follows the coastline, lined with spectators throughout creating a festive atmosphere.
30 Jun 2024
Cagnes-sur-Mer, France, Europe
Middle distance, Olympic distance, Rouvy