With the aim of being the best middle distance triathlon in Europe, the team at Challenge Peguera-Mallorca work each year, listening to the athletes, conducting and analysing post-race surveys, receiving feedback and advice from the pros, and constantly searching for new opportunities to grow the event. For this reason they have taken the decision to change the Challenge Peguera-Mallorca swim course for 2022.
The start and the finish of the swim course will be on the same beach as all previous races, the beautiful Torà Beach, but will change from one 1,9 km lap (2014 to 2021) to two laps of 950m each.
- Reasons behind the change:
- Reducing the distance swimmers have to be from the beach in open water
- Having a smaller area of focus means the team can further improve water safety and race management.
- Spectators will enjoy more of the swim course and can cheer their favourite athletes throughout the swim.
- Athletes can more than ever feel the support of the crowd.
- This change will greatly improve the overall atmosphere of the swim.
With this change, it’s anticipated both the athletes and the public will enjoy the Challenge Peguera-Mallorca experience even more.
Challenge Peguera Mallorca will take place on 15 October 2022.
More info: https://challenge-mallorca.com/courses/