LOCATION Iskandar Puteri, Malaysia
RACE DATE 16 Sep 2018
DISTANCE Middle distance
Challenge Iskandar Puteri
Five key reasons to race:
1. The new metropolitan green city of Iskandar Puteri along the southern coast of Johor
2. Entertainment for the whole family such as Legoland, Sanrio Hello Kitty and indoor theme parks
3. Dining options ranging from international cuisine, al fresco cafes and bars to local delicacies
4. A harmonious, fun-filled environment that stems from a multi-cultural lifestyle
5. The chance to experience two countries in one trip – Malaysia and Singapore
The city of Iskandar Puteri lies in the southern state of Johor in Malaysia, approximately a 20-minute drive from Singapore and Johor Bahru City. The main venue Puteri Harbour Marina is an international marina surrounded by hotels, dining and entertainment options and is the main activity area for the athletes and their fans and family. It is also the starting point for the swim course and the transition area for all courses.
The 1.9km course in the warm waters of the southern part of the Straits of Malacca that forms the border between Malaysia and Singapore. The swimmers will be protected from the open sea as the start and finish will be within Puteri Harbour Marina. A specially built transition area will allow racers to move easily from their swim to the bike course, and then to the run course.
The 90km, double loop that will take riders around the Medini area which boasts its newly-built EduCity and Johor’s sports hub constructed while maintaining the natural tropical environment of the state. Riders will also pass Legoland Malaysia, along undulating roads with low rise and fall that will offer cyclists a more exciting ride and the chance to clock better times.
A double loop 21km course, along flat, tree-lined streets that surround Johor’s new administrative centre featuring a collection of architecturally aesthetic structures surrounded by natural green landscapes ideal for outdoor sports. The race will end at Puteri Harbour Marina promenade where fans and family will be waiting to cheer their loved ones to the finish line.
16 Sep 2018
Iskandar Puteri, Malaysia, asia