Next Race: 12 November 2017
One of Australia’s great races with legendary community support
- Flat and fast course offering a great chance for a personal best time
- New course centred on Victoria Park Lake in town which will attract even bigger crowds in a city that is triathlon mad
- The Mediterranean-type climate of Australia’s fruit-growing capital is at its best in November
- Shepparton is an easy 90-minute freeway drive north of Melbourne’s outskirts and has become of Australia’s triathlon strong-holds because of its long tradition in staging athlete-friendly 113 km events
- The race provides much needed funding for numerous Goulburn Valley charities, community groups and clubs who provide the volunteer army
A key part of Australian long course triathlon tradition will continue with Challenge Shepparton.
The 1.9km swim, 90km ride and 21.1km run triathlon will build on Shepparton tradition, but will offer a completely new course, with the event being held at the iconic Victoria Park Lake, Shepparton. The new course will deliver the same outstanding experience for triathletes that has made Shepparton one of the leading stops in the Australian calendar.
Following the single-lap swim in the beautiful Victoria Park Lake, the fast, flat bike course is two 45km laps through Shepparton’s iconic rural landscapes. The run course consists of three laps of lake, river and bush trails through the river gum forest and alongside tranquil river flats with the finish, complete with legendary Shepparton crowds, on the banks of Victoria Park Lake in the centre of town.