Next Race: 22 October 2017
A spectacular mix of Thai culture, history and natural beauty
Five reasons to race:
- Experience genuine Thai culture and history
- Spectacular course through lush forested foothills and waterways
- Within easy driving distance of Bangkok
- Visit the idyllic Erawan Falls and iconic Tiger Cave temple, just a couple of the many attractions in the region
- Learn about the famous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’
Kanchanaburi” or “Mueang Kan” (Kan City) is a popular Thai tourist destination due to its proximity to Bangkok. Kanchanaburi City is full of culture with its ancient Thai history as well as the location of the famous Bridge of the River Kwai, an historic World War II landmark. The region is full of natural attractions from spectacular waterfalls with crystal clear water that runs throughout the year to stunning hill ranges and lush green tropical forests.
Challenge Kanchanaburi is set around the symbolic Srinakharind Dam with the 1.9km swim in the lake well-known for fishing and watersports. The out and back 90km bike heads around the forested mountains surrounding mountain while the 21km run takes in the dam itself, skirts a lush green golf course before finishing on dam isteslf.